Feeling like you need to go on a diet? Weigh the facts first!
Did you know that restricting calories or “dieting” produces changes in your brain chemistry that actually increase appetite and food cravings?
Diets don’t actually work long-term—some studies have shown that 95-98% of dieters regain the weight they lost! (Heatherton & Polivy, 1992; Cooke, 1996)
Did you know dieting can actually be dangerous? Two-thirds of new cases of eating disorders arise in female adolescents who have dieted. Eating disorders are largely predicted by higher rates of dieting. [Patton et al., 1999] If you never go on a diet, chances are you’ll never have an eating disorder!
Weight Management Guides
- Weight Management
- Bulking Up FAQs
- Eating Issues & Body Image Continuum
- Effects of Restrictive Dieting & Starvation
- Lifestyle Strategies for a Healthy Body Weight
- Overcoming College Meal Plan Challenges
- Recipe Modification
- Weight Gain Strategies
- Make the Most of Your Munchies